As Thursday Doors becomes a movement that’s gradually taking over the world, but in a kinder, gentler, more benevolent way than the usual evil overlord – mouhahahahaha, I’m thinking we need a blog badge and an accompanying tagline.
Yup, call it branding, marketing, whatever, but many bloggers who participate in events that they enjoy like to spread the word and share the fun with others, and a blog badge is a good way to do that. It also just seems like the next logical step to help promote our love of all things Door related, and to reach all of those still unconverted and unwashed masses 😉
I think I’ve got a handle on the artwork, and I’ve set a target introduction date for late March to celebrate Thursday Doors first anniversary as a link-up event.
FYI I’ve actually been posting doors on Thursdays since September 2014 but only turned it into a group participation event last spring.
At the moment what I can’t decide on is the accompanying tagline or slogan. Think for example of phrases like: “Things Go Better with Coke”, or MacDonald’s “I’m lovin’ it”, or Nike’s “Just Do it”.
So what do we want to say about Thursday Doors?
I’d love to hear some of the great ideas that I’m sure you’ll all come up with.
I’ll leave comments open for a week and once the dust settles I’ll take the top five suggestions and put them in a poll for everyone to vote on.
Here are a few ideas to help get those creative juices flowing:
- Thursday Doors – Yeah, I Shoot Doors
- Thursday Doors – Because it’s Addictive
- Thursday Doors – The Most Fun You Can Have with Your Clothes On
- Thursday Doors – So Many Doors, So Little Time (thanks to Janet from This, That and the Other aka Sustainabilitea)
- Thursday Doors – Beautiful Doors From Around the World!
- Thursday Doors – Sorry, We Can’t Help with Bail Money
- Thursday Doors – Don’t Call the Cops, We’re Just Here for Your Door
Give it some thought and feel free to come back more than once if a new idea pops into your head. You can also just chime in to agree with any of these, or any of the ones made by others.
I’m looking forward to everyone’s feedback!